Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
weav199

weav199

FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? Empty
PostSubject: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 12:25 pm

"September 5 & 6: Free hunting days for Oklahoma residents, a hunting license, legacy permit and HIP permit are not required." Quoted from www.wildlifedepartment.com/seasons.htm

Am I reading this right? Free days? This include rifle, bow etc..?

DEER SEASONS: The archery deer season runs from Oct 1 through Jan 15.
The muzzleloading season opens on the fourth Saturday in October
and runs for nine days. The deer gun season opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving
and runs for 16 days.

ARCHERY: Oct. 1 - 2009-Jan. 15, 2010
MUZZLELOADING: Oct. 24 - Nov. 1, 2009 (Antlerless days vary by zone)
GUN: Nov. 21 - Dec. 6, 2009 (Antlerless days vary by zone)
YOUTH DEER GUN: Oct. 16-18, 20098; statewide
HOLIDAY DEER GUN SEASON: Dec. 18-20 and Dec. 25-27 (Open only in certain zones).

I'm counting the days. I really need to bone up on my archery skills. This year I want to take full advantage of all seasons.
Back to top Go down
prikev
Admin
prikev

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 12:29 pm

I dont get what that meens for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oklahomapublichunting.com
mossytreat

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 4:05 pm

Any season that is opened during this time can be hunted. This is a chance for sportsman's to invite normally none hunters or people who normally don't get to hunt or have the means to try out a new sport with out having the expense of a license.
For instance Dove season opens Sept 1st. So that would be a good time to get your friends to go hunting that normally don't go through Sept 5 & 6.
Back to top Go down
weav199

weav199

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm

I understand the reason why they do it, they do the same for fishing. If it's only for what's open at that time, It's very limited. They need a lot more info posted on the subject. I'm gonna call tomorrow and get more. I'll post what I find out.
Back to top Go down
mossytreat

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2009, 6:14 pm

Yes it is very limited. It always has been for as long as I can remember. They will never change it to coincide with any other hunting date. Dove season they lose money on a license and that's it. Deer season would be License & Tag.
Back to top Go down
weav199

weav199

PostSubject: re   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 11:43 am

well, I guess I could dust off the shotgun. It has been awhile since I've been birding.
Back to top Go down
mossytreat

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 1:21 pm

Well I don't know how the bird hunting is in your area, but we have some pretty dang good fields in Mayes County because of all the Farmers. Pick the right field here you can limit out in about 15 min. But normally it takes me an hour and about 2 boxes of shells. lol!
Back to top Go down
prikev
Admin
prikev

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2009, 3:30 pm

never been dove hunting, but man pheasant sure is fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.oklahomapublichunting.com
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2009, 7:40 am

I think another main reason they kinda limit what the season the free days coincide with is becouse they don't want a hundred people with highpowered rifles and no experiance out in the woods. But small game is in season at this time to which like said before allows friends or non hunters a chance at the sport and way of life with out having to invest any money..that is if they have true sportsman showing them the ropes..If i get the chance to take someone out i normally don't even hunt..that way i can pay full attention to them and teach them as we go along...but thats just me..
Back to top Go down
weav199

weav199

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 12:46 am

good point sir, good point
Back to top Go down
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2009, 11:15 pm

True, you wouldn't want a bunch of unskilled hunters just running around in the woods for weeks a few days here and there are plenty.
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?   FREE HUNTING DAYS!!  Anyone going to take advantage of this? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE HUNTING DAYS!! Anyone going to take advantage of this?
Page 1 of 1