Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AZCOWBOY

Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 2:07 pm

Hey All,
I have family north of Tulsa around Catoosa.It looks like I may be there around thanksgiving.So I'm there open weekend of deer.They have tried to find someone and someplace for me to hunt but can't.I hoping someone may have room for 1 hunter bow or gun to go along with them.Or give me an idea where I could hunt Deer or Turkey for 2 or 3 days. I don't know what I can offer but if you would like to hunt in Arizona.I know lots of good places to hunt out here and could take you.I am hunting Elk in Sept and Deer in Oct this year.I would be willing to help you get setup to hunt out here.

Thanks
Roger/AZCOWBOY
Back to top Go down
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2009, 11:07 pm

I could take you to the refuge if it was after gun or before muzzle loader, but it closed during the time you are coming. Need to find some more public land.
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2009, 7:34 am

You could always go to oolagah,
Back to top Go down
AZCOWBOY

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 5:08 pm

sfarns wrote:
I could take you to the refuge if it was after gun or before muzzle loader, but it closed during the time you are coming. Need to find some more public land.

Thanks for getting back to me have been out of town hunting for the last week just got back.What is the refuge and where is it? I am just looking for something to do for a day or two while i'm there.I would like to hunt deer,turkey,or hogs,with bow or rifle..Just kinda hoping to meet someone new and make a new freind and hunting buddy..

Thanks
AZCOWBOY/Roger
Back to top Go down
AZCOWBOY

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2009, 5:11 pm

Davey Crocket wrote:
You could always go to oolagah,

Thanks for getting back to me..Where is oolagah? and where would I hunt at around there? Is this a place to hunt deer or turkey?? And with what bow or gun..

Thanks
AZCOWBOY/Roger
Back to top Go down
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2009, 1:16 am

oolagah is north of tulsa..about 40 miles or so..it's pretty easy to get too..deer is good and you can hunt bow or gun..depends on what season of course.. it's public land so it does get hunted but i have taken some deer out of there..hope this helps..if you need more info just holler.
Back to top Go down
AZCOWBOY

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2009, 5:57 pm

Davey Crocket wrote:
oolagah is north of tulsa..about 40 miles or so..it's pretty easy to get too..deer is good and you can hunt bow or gun..depends on what season of course.. it's public land so it does get hunted but i have taken some deer out of there..hope this helps..if you need more info just holler.

Davey,
Thanks I'm going to be in Catoosa around Nov 21st for a week.Is there some place that I can get a map of Oolagah area as to where to go to hunt.Or some other place that you can think of that I could go and hunt.How is the hog hunting going I would like to try that too...I see that turkey is open for bow to when I'm there are they hard to find or are they just in one area? I know lots of questions I'm just trying to find some place to hunt while I'm there.
Thanks for any help and info you can give me.

AZCOWBOY/Roger
Back to top Go down
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2009, 12:35 am

Well if your going to be in catoosa then your already half way to oolagah..You can find a map online at odwc.com..just google it and it will take you to the official page for oklahoma wildlife dept..or if you go to claremore (just north of catoosa) they have the maps at wal-mart.(sometimes). The hogs are just about everywhere..there is a place called the pump-back that is a little ways away but not to far..i haven't had the chance to head over there to hunt..just done some fishin however if you check out the hogs forum there is proof that there and this is also public land...turkeys..i have never hunted them around these parts..always go around central okla..Keep in contact and active with the website and if it all works out i'll show ya around oolagah...i wont be able to take my horses in becouse the trails are closed during hunting season but we can go in on foot...i jumped a nice buck and a few does a week or so ago and then drove by at night and there was a couple of 8 pointers on the side of the road eatin..anything else just holler..
Back to top Go down
AZCOWBOY

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2009, 1:23 pm

Davey Crocket wrote:
Well if your going to be in catoosa then your already half way to oolagah..You can find a map online at odwc.com..just google it and it will take you to the official page for oklahoma wildlife dept..or if you go to claremore (just north of catoosa) they have the maps at wal-mart.(sometimes). The hogs are just about everywhere..there is a place called the pump-back that is a little ways away but not to far..i haven't had the chance to head over there to hunt..just done some fishin however if you check out the hogs forum there is proof that there and this is also public land...turkeys..i have never hunted them around these parts..always go around central okla..Keep in contact and active with the website and if it all works out i'll show ya around oolagah...i wont be able to take my horses in becouse the trails are closed during hunting season but we can go in on foot...i jumped a nice buck and a few does a week or so ago and then drove by at night and there was a couple of 8 pointers on the side of the road eatin..anything else just holler..

Davey,
Sounds good to me,if it works out maybe we can do some deer hunting and if not maybe we can try pig hunting.What do I need to bring to deer or pig hunt with? I hunt with bow or rifle out here.What is best to hunt the pigs with?Maybe we can video tape hunting and have it posted on here...I know lot of questions. lol!

Thanks
AZCOWBOY/Roger
Back to top Go down
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2009, 12:54 am

Sounds good...well as far as gear goes i guess...just the basics that you would use anywhere else..that would be cool..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...   Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: A place to Hunt or Someone to hunt with...
Page 1 of 1