Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bait to bring in hogs

Go down 
+2
sfarns
prikev
6 posters
AuthorMessage
prikev
Admin
prikev

Bait to bring in hogs Empty
PostSubject: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 6:10 pm

I was looking at some other forums and seen where some people mix corn and strawberry jello powder and the hogs love it. Anyone else have experience with that, or any other methods?
Back to top Go down
http://www.oklahomapublichunting.com
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Hog traps...   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2009, 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
twister

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2009, 11:00 am

well I have been using the old beer and can o corn method,but I need to change up to something smellier...
Back to top Go down
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Fry some bacon and save the grease.   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 3:39 am

If the area you are hunting is guarnteed to have hogs in or around your area try this.

Items needed:
Small,med Can (veggie can,soup can,etc.)
Cotton Rope,6" or so
Metal clothes hanger or baling WIRE.
Bacon grease

Take the clothes hanger or wire and make a coil to sit in the can, feed the cotton rope around or through the wire, place in can, add bacon grease. The bacon grease will harden and should look somewhat like a candle. Leave enough rope out of the top of the can to light. This acts like a bait but when it's lit it will travel down wind and draw the hogs up. Caution: If used in Bear country it will work twice as good. For bear that is.
Back to top Go down
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2009, 7:05 am

Crap I might just try that to see if a bear does come, lol. There has been bear sightings in the past around these parts. Nice tip.
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
twister

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2009, 11:33 am

I have a bear come though every so often,also a bigassed cat too Shocked
Back to top Go down
RACKS45

RACKS45

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2009, 7:46 pm

When me and Jereme were guiding duck hunts in Geary, Ok the hog guide would pour deisel fuel on corn piles for hogs, only the hogs would eat it so it was kind of a sure thing that they would be there. He poured deisel on some old tires and we witnessed them trying to eat the tires!!!!!!!!!! Apparently hogs love deisel but with tha cost of fuel these days.............LOL. They have some amazingly tough stomaches!
Back to top Go down
http://Racksandquackscalls.com
chance_livewire

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2009, 11:45 pm

i put out 400 pounds of distillers grain, and poured out about 10 jugs of the indian commodity karo syrup, they went nuts over it. i had dug a small hole and poured the grain in it, looked like you tilled it just over the weekend, and this is on public hunting land, have personally seen 36 hogs in one group, and a huge mega porker, guesses him at over 500 lbs.he is massive. i used to work at the port of muskogee unloading grain barges and rail cars, all the spillage went into the bed of my truck, by the loader bucket fulls, needless to say they were well fed. distillers grain
wheat midlands,
soybean hull
cottonseed cake
by far they loved the distillers grain the best.
well powder season opened up and the hogs dissappeared, and i did too, to many weekend warriors with guns in the woods for me, (doesnt hunt public) when lead flies. and to my knowledge this place is so hard to get too, its overlooked by most. so steep you basically crawl up and slide down, lol o by the way< these hogs have what i call dugouts all along terraces, and a great big community wallow, about the size of a pick up truck, and about 2 foot deep, but ive yet to see a hog in them in the daylight. and rub posts on blackjack trees. does this mean this is their home range? ive hunted hogs several times, just cause, and by no means call myself a hog hunter, i was feeding deer to start, and the hogs ran them out. the big boy is all black with a big white spot on his rump, and his cutters are awesome and huge, most of the other ones are blackish red in color, and no where near as big. a couple of the ones ive seen are real black with whole white back half's, all these hogs are in camp gruber by the way. somebody sure enough wants to get on them let me know i will put you right on them, when gates are accessible.they have done ruined me deer hunting it the last 3 years.did i mention all this is centered around about 5 to seven acres of persimmon trees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bait to bring in hogs   Bait to bring in hogs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bait to bring in hogs
Page 1 of 1