Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
60ACRES

60ACRES

The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER Empty
PostSubject: The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER   The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2009, 10:47 am

Ok, so Saturday morning, a little buck came right to my stand, gave me a perfect broadside shot, it took it. I couldn't wait to see it, so as soon as I thought it had expired I jumped down, drug it to my house.

It was still early and a beautiful morning so I climed back into my stand. It wasn't 20 minutes later a doe came running in all excited, she didnt stay long or give me a shot before she took off. 3 minutes later, another doe came thru in a hurry. I figured something had to have been chasing them, sure enough, here he comes...

The biggest deer I have ever seen (other than pics or someone esles buck), comes in grunting, with his nose in the air. I am not sure about the points, I just know he was tall and wide. He slows when he reaches my area, but still moving, after the doe. He crosses over a blind spot, I stand up and draw on him. Moving in the my shooting range a perfect broadside shot, I grunt at him, he stops. I find the spot and release my arrow. As if in slow motion my arrow flies and connects. The problem... it stuck in his shoulder, no real penatration. Of course he runs off with my arrow waving from his shoulder.

I did go look for him after a couple hours. I found some blood (not much) and followed it for about 60 yards until it ran out. I searched the areas as best as I could, but I think he is still alive. There wasnt that much blood for him to bleed out.

I heard a few shots from a muzzleloader from that direction on Sat & Sun, so maybe someone else got to hang him up.

I have never claimed to be a trophy hunter, but damn, I sure wish I had gotten this one...
Back to top Go down
weav199

weav199

The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER   The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER I_icon_minitimeOctober 28th 2009, 9:18 am

I feel for ya. But at least you did get one. I went out for four days and saw nothing! I'm so disgusted!
Back to top Go down

The Biggest Disappointment.... EVER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oklahoma Public Hunting :: Hunting Topics :: Deer-
Jump to: