Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GOT GAR ? the other white meat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
waldo

GOT GAR ? the other white meat Empty
PostSubject: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 8:34 pm

ran jugs in big cabin creek for the last few days and fishing was slow.6 blues and 4 channels that avg 3 - 3.5 lbs and caught 3 flat heads and they avg around 10 lbs and a longnose and 1 alligator gar. around 15 and 20 lbs. for the first time we cleaned and ate gar. myself , my son and daughter , my wife and a friend all tried fried gar. we all agree gar is good. aliitle tough to clean but they have alot of boneless white meat. lets go gar fishing
Back to top Go down
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 8:38 pm

Really, it is good? I have herd that but by people who have not actually tried it. Man I might have to try some gar now.
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
waldo

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 9:14 pm

it wuz our first time. hey next time ya catch one fry it up or i'll email ya the next time i catch and cook some you will be amazed. i got to fine tune my cleaning method but i'll get that figured out
Back to top Go down
prikev
Admin
prikev

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2009, 10:35 pm

I've tried it once pretty good but too damn hard to clean!
Back to top Go down
http://www.oklahomapublichunting.com
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2009, 1:35 am

If you get a good sized gar..cut em into steaks about a half an inch to an inch thick and through them on the grill..add some lemon pepper a little lime juice along with some cold beer and you got some good eating.
Back to top Go down
twister

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2009, 11:36 am

hey do they still bowfish gar below the dam there in salina?
Back to top Go down
waldo

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2009, 5:23 pm

i heard they restricted fishing below kerr dam but i'm not really sure. i haven't been there to fish in years.
Back to top Go down
Davey Crocket

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2009, 12:14 am

You cant get any closer than 100 ft to the mouth of the dam unless posted otherwise..if it's not posted then don't get close. Alot of times too it depends on the amount of water their running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOT GAR ? the other white meat   GOT GAR ? the other white meat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOT GAR ? the other white meat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Oklahoma Public Hunting :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: