Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? Empty
PostSubject: Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?   Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2009, 6:17 pm

I don't think it really matters what kind of camo you wear as long as it is something that breaks up your outline, I have scent-lok everything and I have had deer come within 7 feet of me while I was sitting on the ground. So there is no doubt I was doing something right, but was it really the scent lok? It is hard to say because just days before that I had just some old marine camo on and the same thing happen to me. The thing is I pay a lot of attention to covering my scent. I take a shower in use the deodorant that is scentless and I wash my cloths in it and put them in the bag. I will then spry every part of me down before walking into the woods. Once I get in the tree I spry down again because I am usually sweating my then. So I am one to think if you take the precautions I do, you do not need the expensive cloths, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt. What are some of your guys thought on this? I know I will not be rushing out to get new scent-lok. I think the cover scents do the job just as good.
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
okietrapper

okietrapper

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?   Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2009, 9:47 pm

scent-lok I love ithad animals walk across my legs while sitting on teh ground coons possums that type I've started to see more and more deer as I've progressed in odor killing clothes I also started useing dead down wind and its helped out alot I've been busted using all the above to so you just never know just work the winds in your favor drunken
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/okietrapper
60ACRES

60ACRES

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?   Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2009, 11:59 am

I agree.
I have been real real close to all kinds of animals as long as the wind is in my favor. Jeans and a t-shirt typs stuff. But if they wind you, well, you know!

Once my wife was with me (withought a gun). I had her up the creek walking to me, a sort of small drive. She was worried that she needed a gun. I told her not to worry, the way she was dressed and pretty blue lens in her sunglasses she had on, that no animal would be even close to her. Well, as you know this would not be the case... She was stomping her way down the creek towards me when she got in some briars and had to stop and turn around. When she got unhooked, she turned around face to face with a doe! She said she could smell the breath from this thing and if she had a machette, should could have wacked it!

She doesn't let me forget this, or go into the woods without her .357!
Back to top Go down
sfarns
Admin
sfarns

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?   Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2009, 10:54 pm

lol, nice. Why didn't she punch the doe? lol
Back to top Go down
http://oklahomapublichunting.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?   Does it really matter what kind of camo you use? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does it really matter what kind of camo you use?
Page 1 of 1