Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Oklahoma Public Hunting
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oklahoma Public Hunting

Forum for www.oklahomapublichunting.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trying out a different area this year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
weav199

weav199

Trying out a different area this year Empty
PostSubject: Trying out a different area this year   Trying out a different area this year I_icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2009, 12:16 pm

According to odwc, the three counties that had the most deer harvested were; Pushmataha, Cookson, and Osage. So, my buddy and I plan to go to Pushmataha wma for blackpowder. Anyone been there and have any tips on that area? We're going to scout it on the 12th. I'll let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
60ACRES

60ACRES

PostSubject: Re: Trying out a different area this year   Trying out a different area this year I_icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2009, 4:33 pm

Well, how did it go?

...don't forget, the more deer harvested, the more hunters in the woods too!

I tried that a few years back, when the sun came up I was across a gulley from another guy in a tree, one sitting on the ground in the gulley below me, one sitting on a bluff overlooking us all... there were orange blotches everywhere. I could almost spit on the guy below me. Needless to say, we all scattered when we realized that all the noise we heard before the sun came up wasn't a massive heard of deer...
Back to top Go down
weav199

weav199

PostSubject: Re: Trying out a different area this year   Trying out a different area this year I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2009, 7:58 am

At the last minute, I looked over the regs and discovered Pushmataha WMA is closed first two days of muzzleloading for "controlled hunts". Dammit! Oh well, We're going to go with what we know. We'll hunt Hickory Creek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying out a different area this year   Trying out a different area this year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying out a different area this year
Page 1 of 1